Onn is a brand of Walmart that has a wide range of electronic products under its wings. This also includes a variety of products like phones, cellular phones, camera accessories, headphones, tablets, laptops, speakers, etc. Walmart is a vast platform that makes it a giant in customer satisfaction. Roku, the company that skyrocketed because of the streaming devices, has joined with Walmart under the name ONN, to produce TVs that are more than smart TVs. Read this blog to find out how to setup ONN Roku TV or ONN Roku TV setup with ease and rock your home!!!
Why a Roku TV?
Yes, Roku TV is a smart TV, but why you should opt for Roku? The reason is pretty obvious- the features. Yes you can download apps, games, movies and TV series on your Roku TV, but there are many other features apart this.
- Ability to connect an antenna
- Plug-in other devices like gaming consoles, blu-ray recorder, speakers, music system, etc.
- The Roku interface is one to cherish.
For most of the people, the inbuilt Roku skin could be one of the reasons to select this over any other TV.
What do I Need to Complete the ONN Roku TV Setup?
- A fast and reliable internet connection
- ONN Roku TV
- Computer or laptop or smartphone
How to Complete the ONN Roku TV Setup?
You can complete the ONN Roku TV setup by following the steps below.
- Use the wall mount in the package to fix your TV on the wall.
- Now, use a power cord to link the Roku TV and the wall socket.
- Make sure the power source is reliable.
- Complete setting up the remote first as you will be using this to interact with the device.
- Insert the batteries on your remote and wait for the remote to turn it ON.
- Power up your ONN Roku TV now.
- You will see a page where you can select the language you want for the device.
- You can always change this setting later on your TV.
- Once you select your language, you have to choose the region of your device.
- After this, you have to select whether you are going to use your device in home or at the store.
- Now, you have to establish an internet connection on your device.
- You can use a wireless connection or an Ethernet cable to connect to your device, as per your comfortability.
- If you choose the wireless option, a list of available networks that are within the device’s range will show on your list.
- Choose the one to which you want the device to connect.
- Once you select the network, type the password for the wireless network.
- Make sure you type the password right as they are unique and case sensitive.
- Once the device is connected to the network, the software update will start to screen.
- You need the latest version of the software for the proper operation of the device.
- If there are any software updates available, make sure to download them.
- This will only take a few minutes to complete, so bear with it.
- After the updates are over, a home page sort of screen will load up. Here you can see the activation code on your display.
- Make sure to note down the activation code on notepad without any changes.
Activating the ONN Roku TV
- Once you get the activation code, open your web browser on a computer or smartphone.
- Now, enter Roku.com/link on the search bar and hit the search button.
- After you hit the search button, a webpage will open where you can type in the activation code.
- Use the space to type the activation code, without any changes and click on submit
- It will take a few seconds to verify if the codes match.
- Once the code matches, you can simply sign in or sign up to the Roku account as you want.
- Once you enter into the account, simply set a payment method and start adding the channels you want to see on your TV.
- Add the channels that you want to watch and click on the purchase button.
- Once over, the channels will start to add up on your Roku device.
- This will take only a minute or so to finish.
- Once this process finish, you can start streaming your favorite movies and TV shows right away on your Roku device.
How to Complete the ONN Roku TV Setup without Remote?
TV remotes playing hide and seek is more common than you think. Everyone faces this situation on a daily basis, so here are a few alternative ways to negotiate with your Roku TV when your TV remote goes AWOL.
Look at the below options to complete the ONN Roku TV setup without remote.
Use the Roku mobile app
This is the easiest solution available for this situation. Everyone has a smartphone, so finding one shouldn’t take you longer than a couple of seconds. Simply search for the Roku app on your PlayStore or AppStore. Download the app and use it as a remote to complete the setup process.
Use a universal remote
Though it is not 100% reliable, using a universal remote can help you complete the ONN Roku TV setup without remote. It has IR blaster, so you can use this to interact with the Roku TV and proceed to complete the process. This is a long shot, so keep your fingers crossed.
Force of habit
If you are not setting your Roku TV for the first time then this could help you connect the TV with the network. Your TV will most probably remember the username and password of the previous internet connection. So try to replicate the network name and the password of your old network to the new one. This can enable the TV to connect to the wireless network.
If you need more information on how to setup ONN Roku TV, please contact our support team @ +1-844-434-2030 or visit https://www.rokuremoteapp.com/, who are always ready to help you with your situation.